Brewery Lane Theatre & Arts Centre was a section of the malt house of Feehan’s Brewery, which closed in 1910 and was taken over by Smithwicks, who used it as a storehouse until the 1940s. Carrick-on-Suir Drama Group bought the building in the late 1970s and with much work and dedication converted the old store into the present day theatre. The Theatre first opened its doors to the public in 1980 with a production of “The Plough and The Stars” by Sean O’ Casey. Since then the group have staged many productions and the theatre is frequently used by visiting performers.
Our group has been in existence since 1955 and we continue to offer exciting and challenging theatre productions while fostering new talent. As well as theatre, we host a range of multidisciplinary Arts events providing entertainment to suit all tastes – including a gallery and exhibition space, concerts & sessions, a film club, creative writing, songwriting & poetry workshops, Drama workshops and Summer Art Camps.
A Place With The Pigs (2008)
A Pound On Demand (2010)
A Streetcar Named Desire (2010)
Riverside Drive (2011)